China Heritage Tours
March 23-April 6, 2016
June 15-29, 2016
June 29-July 13, 2016
China Ties Lite
March 23-April 2, 2016
June 15-25, 2016
June 29-July 9, 2016
Thanks to grants from CCCWA/BLAS and The Ties Program, adoptees from China traveling with China Ties 2016 will receive a $800.00 credit towards their program fees.
CHINA TIES HIGHLIGHTS –
Our Flagship Program
China Ties Itinerary
- Arrive in Beijing, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. China Ties families stay in first class to moderate, clean hotels, where after a day out experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, families can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Visit CCCWA (China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption) where referral documents and post placement reports are maintained.
- Climb the Great Wall of China and take pictures at Beijing’s National Stadium, home of the 2008 Olympics.
- Explore Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, board a bicycle rickshaw for a ride through the Hutongs and visit a local home, eat scrumptious Chinese cuisine, and yes, shop.
- Consider seeing a performance of Chinese acrobats, visiting Beijing’s zoo and aquarium, or travel to Xi’an to see the Terra Cotta Warriors!
- For most families, Beijing will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey” as they travel to their child’s province of birth.
While on adoption visits, families will:
- Travel by airplane, train or car to destination, and be met with driver and English speaking guide
- Visit your child’s orphanage, meet caregivers and foster families, return to finding sites and re-connect with other people and places important to your family.
- See sites in province, according to your interests.
- Bask in the messages of the journey as The Ties Program oversees the travel details including transportation, translators, and hotel arrangements.
- China Ties Lite families will depart from province for the United States or their home countries.
- China Ties families will reunite in Guilin.
- In Guilin, spend a relaxing day reconnecting and processing your time in province–along with other families.
- Cruise down the Li River while reveling in the beauty of humped back mountains, reflective waters and lush vegetation before disembarking in the ancient city of Yangshou. Discover how fisherman fish without the use of hooks or nets.
- Tour the Reed Flute Cave and Elephant Hill.
- Participate in a cooking class – yum!
- If you like, extend your stay in China and enjoy an optional tour to Xi’an, Chengdu and the Panda Reserve, Guangzhou or Hong Kong or other places of interest to your family.
Many of our programs (China included), include a Ties Lite option. China Ties Lite gives you all of the advantages of traveling with a Ties Program, but a shorter stay, lowering your costs. You will receive information on China Ties and China Ties Lite when you request information.
PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE TRAVEL
While we believe strongly in the support a group provides, we know there are times when individual family travel is a better fit. We are happy to work with individual families or small groups of families. Please email us your request.