Filipino Heritage Journeys
Filipino Ties – Our Flagship Program
Based on Interest
Fun beyond imagination! Impact beyond words!
- Arrive in Manila, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Filipino Ties families stay in moderate, clean hotels, where after a day out experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, help families relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Tour Manila and see Rizal Park, Intramuros and Fort Santiago.
- Stroll along Manila Bay and yes, eat scrumptious Filipino cuisine.
- Enjoy an afternoon with children living at The House of Refuge. Better come prepared with a song to share.
- Learn about culture and lifestyle from specially chosen guides who will be open to sharing.
- Bargain hunt at Greenhills Mall for traditional Filipino goods.
- Take the bus to Tagatay City. Along the way visit a Jeepney factory and observe how these unique vehicles are constructed. Stop by Las Pinas Church to see one of the world’s finest old organs, completely made from bamboo.
- Witness the beauty of Lake Taal, situated in the caldera, or depression, of Taal Volcano, one the world’s smallest active volcanoes
- Free time, Connect & Chat for adoptees, and Talk Time for parents throughout the trip.
For most families, Manila will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.”
- Meet Inter-Country Adoption Board and their staff.
- Visit your child’s orphanage and meet caregivers.
- If your adoption connections are elsewhere in The Philippines, The Ties Program will help with those arrangements too.
As families continue on their journey…
- Filipino Ties Flagship Program families enjoy two nights at a resort on the sandy shores of Subic Bay.
- Explore Las Casas de Acuzar, a living architectural museum celebrating the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Interact with Aeta (an indigenous people) families in Pamaulaklakin village where you’ll enjoy a cooking demonstration and a tribal dance performance.
- Experience a festive farewell dinner featuring traditional Filipino music and dance.
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Created especially so that Ties participants can help in the communities they have visited. BE INSPIRED!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!
"A tremendous family experience and adventure, and the journey that filled the gap in our son's sense of self."
“For the first time in my life, I felt complete and at peace with who I am.”
Landy Hancock, 18
“Traveling with other kids was AWESOME!”
Anna Armour, 10
"I think the healthiest outcome of the trip for my daughter is that going with a group 'normalized' her situation and her adoption.”
Adoptive Family Travel
Filipino Ties, Travel, Culture, Adoption & Identity