Paraguay Heritage Journeys
Next Generation Paraguay
Exclusive for Adult Adoptees & Those Who Love Them
Fun beyond imagination! Impact beyond words!
As Paraguayan adoptees are now in their young adult years, we are finding there is a need for a travel program suited to their unique interests.
Who is Next Gen: Paraguay for?
- Adult Paraguayan adoptees, traveling solo or accompanied by those who are part of their lives.
- Spouses, friends, significant others, children of adoptees.
- Parents, grandparents, siblings, extended family–all are welcome.
Whoever you decide you would like to travel with, we’ll be inclusive and provide activities they will enjoy.
Each departure will likely be unique with a unique makeup of participants. We’re flexible and will add in activities according to the group that gathers.
Next Gen: Paraguay Highlights
- Time with other adult Paraguayan adoptees
- Explore downtown Ascunsion: Cultural Center Manzana de la Ribera, House of Independence, Government Palace, Cultural Center Cabildo, including Urban Art Displays
- Visit the Soccer Museum in Luque
- Explore Paseo La Galeria, Asunción’s newest mall
- Visit a local ranch for a cooking lesson as well as horseback riding and hiking
- Meet students at Herminio Jimenez School of Music in Itá
- Watch and discuss (possibly with the director) the Paraguayan film “7 Cajas”
- Learn from local artisans and come away with a creation of your own
- Check out San Bernardino from the treetops on a canopy tour
- Check out Paraguayan music where instruments are made
- Eat traditional Paraguayan food – oh it’s so good
- Partner with The Super Kids Foundation, a local social enterprise on a project working for and with kids to reduce violence and strengthen communities
- Enjoy an entirely unstructured day in Asunción to plan as you wish
- Time with other adult Paraguayan adoptees (intentionally added twice since SO important!)
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Created especially so that Ties participants can help in the communities they have visited. BE INSPIRED!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!
"A tremendous family experience and adventure, and the journey that filled the gap in our son's sense of self."
“For the first time in my life, I felt complete and at peace with who I am.”
Landy Hancock, 18
“Traveling with other kids was AWESOME!”
Anna Armour, 10
"I think the healthiest outcome of the trip for my daughter is that going with a group 'normalized' her situation and her adoption.”
Adoptive Family Travel
Paraguayan Ties, Travel, Culture, Adoption & Identity