Paraguay Heritage Journeys
Next Gen: Paraguay
Exclusive for Adult Adoptees & Those Who Love Them
Arrive: July 27, 2024
Depart: Aug. 4, 2024
REGISTRATION FOR 2024 NEXT GEN: PARAGUAY PROGRAM IS OPEN!!!
As Paraguayan adoptees are now in their young adult years, we are finding there is a need for a travel program suited to their unique interests.
Who is Next Gen: Paraguay for?
- Adult Paraguayan adoptees, traveling solo or accompanied by those who are part of their lives.
- Spouses, friends, significant others, children of adoptees.
- Parents, grandparents, siblings, extended family–all are welcome.
Whoever you decide you would like to travel with, we’ll be inclusive and provide activities they will enjoy.
Each departure will likely be unique with a unique makeup of participants. We’re flexible and will add in activities according to the group that gathers.
Next Gen: Paraguay Highlights
- Time with other adult Paraguayan adoptees
- Explore downtown Ascunsion: Cultural Center Manzana de la Ribera, House of Independence, Government Palace, Cultural Center Cabildo, including Urban Art Displays
- Visit the Soccer Museum in Luque
- Explore Paseo La Galeria, Asunción’s newest mall
- Visit a local ranch for a cooking lesson as well as horseback riding and hiking
- Meet students at Herminio Jimenez School of Music in Itá
- Watch and discuss (possibly with the director) the Paraguayan film “7 Cajas”
- Learn from local artisans and come away with a creation of your own
- Check out San Bernardino from the treetops on a canopy tour
- Check out Paraguayan music where instruments are made
- Eat traditional Paraguayan food – oh it’s so good
- Partner with The Super Kids Foundation, a local social enterprise on a project working for and with kids to reduce violence and strengthen communities
- Enjoy an entirely unstructured day in Asunción to plan as you wish
- Time with other adult Paraguayan adoptees (intentionally added twice since SO important!)
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Created especially so that Ties participants can help in the communities they have visited. BE INSPIRED!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!