Cambodia Ties–Our Flagship Program
Redesigned to meet the needs of older adoptees
Fun beyond imagination! Impact beyond words!
- Fly into Siem Reap, where you will explore the amazing Angkor Wat, visit the nearby silk farm, watch the artisans at work at Chantiers Ecole, take a wooden boat ride through the floating communities on Tonle Sap Lake, eat scrumptious Khmer cuisine, and yes, shop. There is also a Siem Reap by ATV option that is loads of fun!
- Next stop: Phnom Penh! For most families, Phnom Penh will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.”
- Kompong Speu Orphanage, Kien Klang, former Cham Chao, AOA, former KAOA, Roteang Village, Pursat, the Nutrition Center are all do-able from Phnom Penh.
- If your adoption connections are elsewhere in Cambodia, The Ties Program will help with those arrangements too.
- Meet nannies and other special people related to your adoption.
- Birth family reunion is occasionally possible in Cambodia.
- In Phnom Penh, you will also visit SOS Children’s Village as well as the stunning Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda, and ride tuk-kuks to Russian Market.
- Take a boat ride along the Mekong River, you will explore life in the rural islands, home to Project Kindness-Cambodia. You’ll spend time in rural schools, where a pick up game of soccer is almost a must-do!
- Learn about culture and lifestyle from specially chosen guides who will be open to sharing.
- Free time, Connect & Chat for adoptees, and Talk Time for parents throughout the trip.
- We end with a festive farewell dinner, providing closure to this life changing experience.
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Created especially so that Ties participants can help in the communities they have visited. BE INSPIRED!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!
"A tremendous family experience and adventure, and the journey that filled the gap in our son's sense of self."
“For the first time in my life, I felt complete and at peace with who I am.”
Landy Hancock, 18
“Traveling with other kids was AWESOME!”
Anna Armour, 10
"I think the healthiest outcome of the trip for my daughter is that going with a group 'normalized' her situation and her adoption.”
Adoptive Family Travel
Cambodia Ties, Travel, Culture, Adoption & Identity