- Fly into Siem Reap, where you will explore the amazing Angkor Wat, visit the nearby silk farm, watch the artisans at work at Chantiers Ecole, take a wooden boat ride through the floating communities on Tonle Sap Lake, eat scrumptious Khmer cuisine, and yes, shop. There is also a Siem Reap by ATV option that is loads of fun!
- Next stop: Phnom Penh! For most families, Phnom Penh will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.”
- Kompong Speu Orphanage, Kien Klang, former Cham Chao, AOA, former KAOA, Roteang Village, Pursat, the Nutrition Center are all do-able from Phnom Penh.
- If your adoption connections are elsewhere in Cambodia, The Ties Program will help with those arrangements too.
- Meet nannies and other special people related to your adoption.
- Birth family reunion is occasionally possible in Cambodia.
- In Phnom Penh, you will also visit SOS Children’s Village as well as the stunning Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda, and ride tuk-kuks to Russian Market.
- Take a boat ride along the Mekong River, you will explore life in the rural islands, home to Project Kindness-Cambodia. You’ll spend time in rural schools, where a pick up game of soccer is almost a must-do!
- Learn about culture and lifestyle from specially chosen guides who will be open to sharing.
- Free time, Connect & Chat for adoptees, and Talk Time for parents throughout the trip.
- We end with a festive farewell dinner, providing closure to this life changing experience.
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Created especially so that Ties participants can help in the communities they have visited. BE INSPIRED!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!