- Arrive in Beijing, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. China Ties families stay in moderate to first class, clean hotels, where after a day out experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, families can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Join students at a local middle school for some interactive cultural activities.
- Participate in a private Tai Chi class in front of the Temple of Heaven.
- Explore Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, board a bicycle rickshaw for a ride through the old Hutongs and visit a local home, eat scrumptious Chinese cuisine, and yes, shop.
- Climb the Great Wall of China and take pictures at Beijing’s National Stadium, home of the 2008 Olympics.
- Visit CCCWA (China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption) where referral documents and post placement reports are maintained.
- Learn about culture and lifestyle from specially chosen guides who will be open to sharing.
- Consider seeing a performance of Chinese acrobats, wandering through the Wangfujing Night Market, visiting Beijing’s zoo and aquarium, or travel to Xi’an to see the Terra Cotta Warriors!
- Free time, Connect & Chat for adoptees, and Talk Time for parents throughout the trip.
For most families, Beijing will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey” as they travel to their child’s province of birth.
While on adoption visits, families will:
- Travel by airplane, train or car to destination, and be met with driver and English speaking guide.
- Visit your child’s orphanage, meet caregivers and foster families, return to finding sites and re-connect with other people and places important to your family.
- See sites in province, according to your interests.
- Bask in the messages of the journey as Adoptive Family Travel oversees the travel details including transportation, translators, and hotel arrangements.
China Ties Lite families will depart from province for the United States or their home countries. China Ties families will reunite in Guilin following their provincial visit.
- Explore Reed Flute Cave and visit Elephant Hill.
- Cruise on the spectacular Li River.
- Experience the charm of the small fishing village of Yangshuo
- Cook some locally popular dishes at a culinary school set in the countryside.
- We end with a festive farewell lunch, providing closure to this life changing experience.
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Created especially so that Ties participants can help in the communities they have visited. BE INSPIRED!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!