Kazakhstan Heritage Journeys
Kazakhstan Ties-Our Flagship Program
July 24-August 4, 2024
Kazakhstan Ties Lite
July 24-31, 2024
REGISTRATION FOR 2024 KAZAKHSTAN TIES FLAGSHIP AND LITE PROGRAMS IS OPEN!!!
Who is Kazakhstan Ties for?
- Kazakhstani adoptees of all ages, accompanied by those who are part of their lives.
- Parents, grandparents, siblings, extended family
- Spouses, children of adoptees, friends, significant others
How Old Are the Adoptees?
- In 2024, the youngest adoptee will likely be 14 years old
- The oldest adoptee is likely to be mid to late 20s
- There may be siblings of adoptees who are younger or older
- Arrive in Astana (now called Nur-Sultan), where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Kazakhstan Ties families stay in moderate, clean hotels, where after a day of experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, families can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- In Astana, you will stroll along the Ishim River to see futuristic buildings including the symbol of Astana, Bayterek. You can make a wish for good luck as you put your hand in the large, gold handprint of President Nursultan Nazarbayev.
- Astana is a beautiful city, alive with activity, filled with flowers and high technology–amazing in its own right.
- Visit a rural Kazak village.
- Kazakhstan World Expo site is spectacular too!
For most families, Astana will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.” Families will visit places like Karaganda, Kostanay, Uralsk, Pavlodar, Petro, Nezabudka, Aktobe, Shymkent, and Ust-Kamenogorsk and many others. If your adoption connections are elsewhere in Kazakhstan, The Ties Program will help with those arrangements too.
- While on adoption visits, families will:
- Travel by airplane, train or car to destination and be met by car, driver and English speaking guide.
- Visit orphanages, hospitals, caregivers, and other special people related to their adoption.
- Participants in this program sometimes meet birth family.
Kazakhstan Ties Lite families will leave from their province visits to the United States or their country of origin.
Kazakhstan Ties families will rendezvous in Almaty with time to process adoption visits together.
- Tour Almaty, where you will visit Almaty Cathedral, ride a gondola up Koktobe Mountain, shop in bustling local markets, and eat scrumptious Kazakh cuisine!
Enjoy the spectacular scenery in the Tyan Shan Mountains, home to the famous Medeo Skating Rink, the highest skating rink in the world
- Spend an afternoon at a summer camp outside of Almaty. We’ll play Kazakhstan national games, like Sokyrteke (Blind Wild Goat), Khan or Asyk—games still played in villages around Kazakhstan. And maybe a little soccer.
- Have dinner in a Kazakh home where you will learn about cooking Kazakh food and customs.
- Back together again, the group will take time to process the wonderful experiences Kazakhstan has provided.
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Created especially so that Ties participants can help in the communities they have visited. BE INSPIRED!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!