Cambodian Ties- Our flagship program
December 27, 2013-January 8, 2014
Cambodia Ties Lite
December 27, 2013-January 4, 2014
“The end of all our exploring will be
to arrive where we started and
know the place for the first time.”
CAMBODIAN TIES HIGHLIGHTS
Cambodian Ties Itinerary
- Fly into Siem Reap, where you will ride elephants at Angkor Wat, visit the nearby silk farm, watch the artisans at work at Chantiers Ecole, take a wooden boat ride through the floating communities on Tonle Sap Lake, eat scrumptious Khmer cuisine, and yes, shop. Rumor has it that there is now a “Siem Reap by ATV” option that is loads of fun!
- Next stop: Phnom Penh! For most families, Phnom Penh will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.”
- Kompong Speu Orphanage, Kien Klang, former Cham Chao, AOA, former KAOA, Roteang Village, Pursat, the Nutrition Center are all do-able from Phnom Penh.
- If your adoption connections are elsewhere in Cambodia, The Ties Program will help with those arrangements too.
- Meet nannies and other special people related to your adoption.
- Birth family reunion is occasionally possible in Cambodia.
- In Phnom Penh, you will also visit SOS Children’s Village as well as the stunning Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda, and ride tuk-kuks to Russian Market.
- Taking a boat ride along the Mekong River, you will explore life in the rural islands, home to Project Kindness-Cambodia. You’ll spend time in rural schools, where a pick up game of soccer is almost a must-do!
- Finally, you are off to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world in Sihanoukville, where you can relax, snorkel, go deep sea fishing, or jet ski.
We have decided to discontinue Connections programs. Our goal in offering Connections was to provide a less expensive option for families. To accomplish that, families traveled with an in-country English speaking guide, but not with Ties staff. In our flagship Ties programs, groups travel with both a “logistical genius” and an adoption professional, so that families are really well supported on this important, identity-building journey. It is a “formula” that has served families well for nearly two decades!
But we knew we still needed an alternative.
CAMBODIA TIES LITE
So, we put our thinking caps on, and re-thought the options. As we move forward, many of our programs will be offered as traditional Ties Programs, and in some countries (Cambodia included), will include a Ties Lite option. It will give you all of the advantages of traveling with a Ties Program, but a shorter stay, lowering your costs. You will receive information on Cambodian Ties and Cambodian Ties Lite when you request information for 2013-14.
TIES JOURNEYS OF DISCOVERY-CAMBODIA
Some countries will also be offered under our new option called Ties Journeys of Discovery. These journeys are being created for people who would like to take a fun, cultural, unique trip, but without an emphasis on adoption. Watch for information coming soon!
PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE TRAVEL
While we believe strongly in the support a group provides, we know there are times when individual family travel is a better fit. We are happy to work with individual families or small groups of families.
Please email us your request.