- Fly into Siem Reap, where you will explore the amazing Angkor Wat, visit the nearby silk farm, watch the artisans at work at Chantiers Ecole, take a wooden boat ride through the floating communities on Tonle Sap Lake, eat scrumptious Khmer cuisine, and yes, shop. There is also a “Siem Reap by ATV” option that is loads of fun!
- Next stop: Phnom Penh! For most families, Phnom Penh will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.”
- Kompong Speu Orphanage, Kien Klang, former Cham Chao, AOA, former KAOA, Roteang Village, Pursat, the Nutrition Center are all do-able from Phnom Penh.
- If your adoption connections are elsewhere in Cambodia, The Ties Program will help with those arrangements too.
- Meet nannies and other special people related to your adoption.
- Birth family reunion is occasionally possible in Cambodia.
- In Phnom Penh, you will also visit SOS Children’s Village as well as the stunning Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda, and ride tuk-kuks to Russian Market.
- Take a boat ride along the Mekong River, you will explore life in the rural islands, home to Project Kindness-Cambodia. You’ll spend time in rural schools, where a pick up game of soccer is almost a must-do!
- Learn about culture and lifestyle from specially chosen guides who will be open to sharing.
- Free time, Connect & Chat for adoptees, and Talk Time for parents throughout the trip.
- Finally, you are off to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world in Sihanoukville, where you can relax, snorkel, go deep sea fishing, or jet ski.
- We end with a festive farewell dinner, providing closure to this life changing experience.
Having said that, we think it also important to note the downside, so you can make a thoughtful decision. Overtime, we’ve noted that the bonds and connections created tend to be stronger for participants who participate in the full Ties flagship program. That stands to reason since a longer in-country stay provides more experiences and more time together–an important piece to consider.
You will receive information on Cambodian Ties and Cambodian Ties Lite when you request information.
Sometimes people are not big on the idea of traveling with a group because they are not “group travel people” or it conjures up images of little blue haired ladies. We are not “that” group! Ties groups are vibrant and fun. And because we stay on top of the details, you can be focused on your family and the experiences.
We invite you to read this article from a skeptical Ties mom: Group Travel or Not by Eva Ash, Clinical Psychologist, Adoptive Parent
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Created especially so that Ties participants can help in the communities they have visited. BE INSPIRED!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!