Cambodia Heritage Journeys
Cambodian Ties- Our flagship program
December 27, 2015-January 8, 2016
December 27, 2016-January 8, 2017
Cambodia Ties Lite
December 27, 2015-January 4, 2016
December 27, 2016-January 4, 2017
“The end of all our exploring will be
to arrive where we started and
know the place for the first time.”
CAMBODIAN TIES HIGHLIGHTS
Cambodian Ties Itinerary
- Fly into Siem Reap, where you will ride elephants at Angkor Wat, visit the nearby silk farm, watch the artisans at work at Chantiers Ecole, take a wooden boat ride through the floating communities on Tonle Sap Lake, eat scrumptious Khmer cuisine, and yes, shop. There is also a “Siem Reap by ATV” option that is loads of fun!
- Next stop: Phnom Penh! For most families, Phnom Penh will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.”
- Kompong Speu Orphanage, Kien Klang, former Cham Chao, AOA, former KAOA, Roteang Village, Pursat, the Nutrition Center are all do-able from Phnom Penh.
- If your adoption connections are elsewhere in Cambodia, The Ties Program will help with those arrangements too.
- Meet nannies and other special people related to your adoption.
- Birth family reunion is occasionally possible in Cambodia.
- In Phnom Penh, you will also visit SOS Children’s Village as well as the stunning Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda, and ride tuk-kuks to Russian Market.
- Taking a boat ride along the Mekong River, you will explore life in the rural islands, home to Project Kindness-Cambodia. You’ll spend time in rural schools, where a pick up game of soccer is almost a must-do!
- Finally, you are off to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world in Sihanoukville, where you can relax, snorkel, go deep sea fishing, or jet ski.
CAMBODIA TIES LITE
Many of our programs (Cambodia included) include a Ties Lite option. It will give you all of the advantages of traveling with a Ties Program, but a shorter stay, lowering your costs. You will receive information on Cambodian Ties and Cambodian Ties Lite when you request information.
TIES JOURNEYS OF DISCOVERY-CAMBODIA
Some countries will also be offered under our new option called Ties Journeys of Discovery. These journeys are being created for people who would like to take a fun, cultural, unique trip, but without an emphasis on adoption. We may offer a Cambodia Service Trip soon as well. Watch for information!
PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE TRAVEL
While we believe strongly in the support a group provides, we know there are times when individual family travel is a better fit. We are happy to work with individual families or small groups of families.
Please email us your request.