Paraguay Heritage Journeys
Next Generation Paraguay
Exclusive for Adult Adoptees & Those Who Love Them
July 28-August 5, 2018
Paraguay Ties–Our Flagship Program
Departure dates will be determined based on interest
Who is Next Gen: Paraguay for?
- Adult Paraguayan adoptees, traveling solo or accompanied by those who are part of their lives.
- Spouses, friends, significant others, children of adoptees.
- Parents, grandparents, siblings, extended family–all are welcome.
Whoever you decide you would like to travel with, we’ll be inclusive and provide activities they will enjoy.
Each departure will likely be unique with a unique makeup of participants. We’re flexible and will add in activities according to the group that gathers.
Next Gen: Paraguay Highlights
- Time with other adult Paraguayan adoptees
- Explore downtown Ascunsion: Cultural Center Manzana de la Ribera, House of Independence, Government Palace, Cultural Center Cabildo, including Urban Art Displays
- Visit the Soccer Museum in Villa Mora
- Explore Paseo La Galeria, Asunción’s newest mall
- See what it means to shop like a local in Pettirossi Market
- Meet students at Herminio Jimenez School of Music in Itá
- Watch and discuss (possibly with the director) the Paraguayan film “7 Cajas”
- Learn from local artisans and come away with a creation of your own
- Check out San Bernardino from the treetops on a canopy tour
- Challenge a local team to a sand volleyball game
- Check out Paraguayan music where instruments are made
- Eat traditional Paraguayan food – oh it’s so good
- Partner with a local social enterprise on a project that serves others
- Enjoy an entirely unstructured day in Asunción to plan as you wish
- Time with other adult Paraguayan adoptees (intentionally added twice since SO important!)
- Arrive in Asuncion, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Paraguayan Ties families stay in moderate, clean hotels, where after a day of experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, families can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Explore Asuncion, where history and current culture come alive. Eat scrumptious Paraguayan food.
- Shop in Pettirossi Market–maybe you would like to buy some Nantudi lace, unique to Paraguay.
- Travel to Ita to experience the countryside, and connect with people where they live, work and attend school.
- Continue to Tobati, rich with local artisans.
- Ride an ox-cart, a not-to-be-missed adventure. Learn about music, dance, cooking and the arts.
- Ride the boats (and get REALLY wet) if you’d like, or simply take in spectacular Iguassu Falls.
- Play some soccer with local kids. Game on!
We’ve also allotted time for adoptees and their families to reconnect with people and/or places important to their adoption. The Ties Program is happy to help with the arrangements.
Paraguayan Ties offers our signature Connect & Chat for adoptees, and Talk Time for parents.
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Created especially so that Ties participants can help in the communities they have visited. BE INSPIRED!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!