Adoption Heritage Tours: Travel Options
Considering an adoption heritage tour? Thinking about traveling on a country tour without an adoption heritage focus? Or contemplating traveling as an individual family? The Ties Program is flexible and available to help you travel according to your preferences.
TRADITIONAL TIES PROGRAMS–OUR FLAGSHIP PROGRAMS
- Feature a comprehensive, meaningful, fun itinerary where all activities are optional so you can do the things important to YOUR family.
- Are staffed by:
- A Ties group leader who creates community, builds bridges and deals with details enabling you to focus on your family and the profound meaning of the journey.
- An adoption professional who will be available to support your family as you discover the messages of the journey, prepare to connect with people and places important in your child’s life, and explore how to help your child weave what they experienced into their life story.
- An English speaking in-country guide.
- Include our signature “Connect & Chat” for kids and “Talk Times” for parents, both of which are optional. These informal gatherings give you a chance to reflect on the journey in a supportive environment.
- Invite your participation in Project Kindness.
Beginning 2013, we have decided to discontinue Connections tours. Our goal in offering Connections was to provide a less expensive option for families. To accomplish that, families traveled with an in-country English speaking guide, but not with Ties staff. In our flagship Ties programs, groups travel with both a “logistical genius” and an adoption professional, so that families are really well supported on this important, identity-building journey. It is a “formula” that has served families well for nearly two decades!
But we knew we still needed an alternative.
So, we put our thinking caps on, and re-thought the options. As we move forward, many of our programs will be offered as traditional Ties Programs, and in some countries, will include a Ties Lite option. It will give you all of the advantages of traveling with a Ties Program, but a shorter stay, lowering your costs. You will receive information on Ties and Ties Lite when you request information.
TIES JOURNEYS OF DISCOVERY
Some countries will also be offered under our new option called Ties Journeys of Discovery. These journeys are being created for people who would like to take a fun, cultural, unique trip, but without an emphasis on adoption. Watch for information coming soon!
PRIVATE OR SEMI PRIVATE TRAVEL
While we believe strongly in the support a group provides, we know there are times when individual family travel is a better fit. We are happy to work with individual families or small groups of families. Email us your request.
TRAVELING TO PICK UP A CHILD OR CHILDREN YOU ARE ADOPTING?
We’ve been privileged to work with adoptive families for almost two decades as thousands of little ones have arrived home. Ask us about sending you a Pre-Adoption Information Fact Sheet, and we’ll get started helping you make smooth, easy travel plans.