- Arrive in Asuncion, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Paraguayan Ties families stay in moderate, clean hotels, where after a day of experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, families can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Explore Asuncion, where history and current culture come alive. Eat scrumptious Paraguayan food.
- Shop in Pettirossi Market–maybe you would like to buy some Nantudi lace, unique to Paraguay.
- Travel to Ita to experience the countryside, and connect with people where they live, work and attend school.
- Continue to Tobati, rich with local artisans.
- Ride an ox-cart, a not-to-be-missed adventure. Learn about music, dance, cooking and the arts.
- Ride the boats (and get REALLY wet) if you’d like, or simply take in spectacular Iguassu Falls.
- Play some soccer with local kids. Game on!
We’ve also allotted time for adoptees and their families to reconnect with people and/or places important to their adoption. The Ties Program is happy to help with the arrangements.
Paraguayan Ties offers our signature Connect & Chat for adoptees, and Talk Time for parents.
NextGen-Paraguay is geared to adult adoptees (and those who love them), and has more of a focus on Paraguayan culture as opposed to the adoption focus of our flagship Paraguayan Ties program.
Who NextGen Paraguay for?
- Paraguayan adoptees age 25 and over, traveling solo, with a friend or significant other.
- Participants may be married and may have children.
- They may decide to bring their parents or all their kids’ grandparents or other extended family.
Who ever you decide you would like to travel with, we’ll be inclusive and provide activities they will enjoy. Each departure will likely be different with a different makeup of participants. We’re flexible and will add in activities according to the group that gathers.
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Created especially so that Ties participants can help in the communities they have visited. BE INSPIRED!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!