Paraguayan Ties- Our Flagship Program
July 20-31, 2014
PARAGUAYAN TIES HIGHLIGHTS
Our Flagship Program
- Arrive in Asunción, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Paraguayan Ties families stay in moderate, clean hotels, where after a day out experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, families can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Visit Pettirossi Market where you will hear Spanish and Guaraní as you shop for Nanduti lace and experience people living their daily lives.
- Tour the historic downtown area of Asunción, visit the new Cultural Center and eat scrumptious Paraguayan cuisine.
- Re-connect with people and places important to your family—the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.” The Ties Program is happy to try to locate these individuals and will arrange for translators, if needed. If your family wishes to visit an area outside of Asunción, The Ties Program can arrange for transportation and a guide to assist and personalize the visit for you.
- Travel to the countryside town of Itá to listen to musically gifted students at the Escuela de Musica Hermino Gimenez, recipients of Project Kindness – Paraguay.
- Tour a Franciscan mission in the near-by town, Yaguarón. Continue to San Bernadino to stay on the shores of Lake Ypacaraí.
- Connect with school children in the community of 21 de Julio, recipients of Project Kindness-Paraguay!
- Explore the Frontier along Paraguay’s border with Brazil. Visit the Guaraní Earth Museum, home to Guarani artifacts and wild animal displays. Tour the Itaipú Dam located on the Parana River.
- Marvel at the sights of Iguassú Falls, one of the world’s natural wonders, where, yes, you might get a little wet! Or, a LOT wet, if you prefer.
- Next stop: San Lorenzo, where you will spend the day experiencing the culture of the local Native people at the Boggiani Museum and San Lorenzo Cathedral.
Relax. Savor. Reflect.
We have decided to discontinue Connections programs. Our goal in offering Connections was to provide a less expensive option for families. To accomplish that, families traveled with an in-country English speaking guide, but not with Ties staff. In our flagship Ties programs, groups travel with both a “logistical genius” and an adoption professional, so that families are really well supported on this important, identity-building journey. It is a “formula” that has served families well for nearly two decades!
PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE TRAVEL
While we believe strongly in the support a group provides, we know there are times when individual family travel is a better fit. We are happy to work with individual families or small groups of families. Please email us your request.