Colombian Ties- Our Flagship Program
2015 Group Forming. Interested? Contact us.
COLOMBIAN TIES HIGHLIGHTS
Colombian Ties Itinerary
- Arrive in Bogotá, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Colombia Ties families stay in first class to moderate, clean hotels, where after a day out experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, families can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Hunt for bargains at the Flea Market in Usaquen, a popular Sunday destination for Bogota residents and visitors alike.
- Stroll through the cobblestone streets of La Candelaria, Bogota’s historic downtown area and end up in Simon Bolivar Square.
- Savor the sights and smells at Palquemado Market, Bogota’s indoor and outdoor food and flower market.
- Meet a local chef and learn how to make a Colombian dish.
- Visit the Museo de Trajes Regionales (Museum of Regional Costumes) to learn about Colombia’s diversity through textiles.
- Learn how Colombian coffee is roasted and ground through participation in Coffee Cupping.
- For most families, Bogotá will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.”
- Visit your child’s orphanage and meet caregivers.
- Visit places remembered from your previous journey to Colombia.
- If your adoption connections are elsewhere in Colombia such as Medellin, Cali, Barranquilla, The Ties Program will help you with the arrangements.
- Bask in the messages of the journey as The Ties Program oversees transportation, translation and logistics.
- Down and up! Go underground at the Salt Mine Cathedral in nearby Zipaquira.
- Next stop: Villa de Leyva, an enchanting mountain town. Admire white-washed colonial homes and people-watch as you relax on the main square.
- On your return to Bogotá, shop in Raquira for pottery, hammocks, and baskets – the shops overflow with goods to help you remember your journey to Colombia!
- Dance at Andres Carne de Res in Chia, eat scrumptious Colombian empanadas, and of course, shop.
PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE TRAVEL
While we believe strongly in the support a group provides, we know there are times when individual family travel is a better fit. We are happy to work with individual families or small groups of families. Please email us your request.