Ukrainian Ties- Our Flagship Program
Interested? Contact us and let us know when you’d like to travel.
UKRAINIAN TIES HIGHLIGHTS
Ukrainian Ties Itinerary
- Arrive in Kiev, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Ukrainian Ties families stay in moderate, clean hotels, where after a day out experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, families can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Tour Kiev, where you will stroll on vul Khreshchatyk, the city’s wide boulevard that becomes a pedestrian mall on the weekend, and observe everyday life while at the city’s most popular plaza, Maydan Nezalezhnosti.
- Stand in awe of the mosaics and frescos inside St. Sophia’s Cathedral.
- Shop for typical Ukrainian crafts on St. Andrew’s Descent
- Join a local family in Kiev for lunch and a delicious glimpse into Ukrainian cuisine.
- Visit an SOS Children’s Village, where you will see children being cared for with dignity. Most SOS children LOVE to play soccer. Game on!
- For most families, Kiev will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey” as they travel to their child’s region of birth.
- Travel arrangements and the services of a guide / translator will be arranged for by The Ties Program.
- Visit your child’s orphanage and meet caregivers.
- Visit places remembered from your previous journey to Ukraine.
- Bask in the messages of the journey as The Ties Program oversees transportation and translator arrangements.
- Reunite with the group in Lviv where you’ll visit the UNESCO-listed Old Town through active riddles and fun challenges.
- Travel to Kolomyia in the Carpathian Mountains where you’ll attend an egg-painting master class.
- Participate in fun and games with youngsters at a local scouting camp.
- Experience Hutsul daily life with residents of Kosmach as they tend their sheep, make cheese, cook local dishes and create traditional crafts.
- Visit Schevechenko Open Air Museum and attend an exciting master class of traditional Cossack martial art – hopak.
Relax. Savor. Reflect.
PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE TRAVEL
While we believe strongly in the support a group provides, we know there are times when individual family travel is a better fit. We are happy to work with individual families or small groups of families. Please email us your request.