Romanian Ties- Our Flagship Program
July 26-August 6, 2014
ROMANIAN TIES HIGHLIGHTS
Romanian Ties Itinerary
- Arrive in Bucharest, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Romanian Ties families stay in moderate, clean hotels, where after a day out experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, families can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Tour Bucharest where you will visit the Palace of the Parliament, explore the Old City otherwise known as Lipscani District, eat scrumptious Romanian cuisine, and yes, shop.
- Hear about Count Dracula, Transylvania’s famous fictional character as well as the area’s most famous citizen, Vlad Peleş, whose fairytale-like castle you will visit.
- Hike in the Carpathian Mountains at Poiana Braşov, a popular ski resort, and interact with shopkeepers in Braşov’s central square.
- Travel to Sighişoara, a perfectly preserved medieval town, and dine at The Dracula House Restaurant (not really – the building was home to Vlad Peleş, who is often confused with Dracula).
- In Sibiu, named a European Capital of Culture in 2007, witness the diversity of an area where the Saxons and Hungarians settled and melded their traditions.
- Immerse yourself in the rural charm of Sibiel where you’ll learn how glass icons are painted, witness daily life up close, and enjoy dinner in a family home.
- Re-connect with people and places important to your family and at the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.” The Ties Program is happy to try to locate these individuals and will arrange for translators, if needed.
PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE TRAVEL
While we believe strongly in the support a group provides, we know there are times when individual family travel is a better fit. We are happy to work with individual families or small groups of families. Please email us your request.