Romania Heritage Journeys
Romania Ties–Our Flagship Program
July 22-August 2, 2017
“The end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started
and know the place for the first time.” T.S. Eliot
- Arrive in Bucharest, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Romanian Ties travelers stay in moderate, clean hotels, where after a day out experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, all can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with other travelers, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Tour Bucharest where you will visit the Palace of the Parliament, explore the Old City otherwise known as Lipscani District, eat scrumptious Romanian cuisine, and yes, shop.
- Hear about Count Dracula (based on the “real” Prince Vlad Tepes), Transylvania’s famous fictional character, visit his Bran Castle, as well as have a visit to the area’s most fairytale-like castle, Peles Castle.
- Hike in the Carpathian Mountains at Poiana Braşov, a popular ski resort, and interact with shopkeepers in Braşov’s central square.
- Travel to Sighişoara, a perfectly preserved medieval town, and dine at The Dracula House Restaurant, the building where it is said Vlad Tepes, the character Dracula was based on, was born.
- In Sibiu, named a European Capital of Culture in 2007, witness the diversity of an area where the Saxons and Hungarians settled and melded their traditions.
- Immerse yourself in the rural charm of Sibiel where you’ll learn how glass icons are painted, witness daily life up close, and enjoy dinner in a family home.
- Free time, Connect & Chat for adoptees, and Talk Time for parents throughout the trip.
- Re-connect with people and places important to you or your family and at the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.” We are happy to try to locate these individuals and will arrange for transportation and translators, if needed.
- We end with a festive farewell dinner, providing closure to this life changing experience.
Sometimes people are not big on the idea of traveling with a group because they are not “group travel people” or it conjures up images of little blue haired ladies. We are not “that” group! Ties groups are vibrant and fun. And because we stay on top of the details, you can be focused on your family and the experiences.
We invite you to read this article from a skeptical Ties mom: Group Travel or Not by Eva Ash, Clinical Psychologist, Adoptive Parent
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!