Filipino Ties- Our Flagship Program
June 29-July 12, 2014
FILIPINO TIES HIGHLIGHTS –
Our Flagship Program
Filipino Ties Itinerary
- Arrive in Manila, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Filipino Ties families stay in moderate, clean hotels, where after a day out experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, help families relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Tour Manila and see Rizal Park, Intramuros and Fort Santiago.
- Stroll along Manila Bay and yes, eat scrumptious Filipino cuisine.
- Enjoy an afternoon with children living at The House of Refuge. Better come prepared with a song to share.
- Bargain hunt at Greenhills Mall for traditional Filipino goods.
- Take the bus to Tagatay City. Along the way visit a Jeepney factory and observe how these unique vehicles are constructed. Stop by Las Pinas Church to see one of the world’s finest old organs, completely made from bamboo.
- Witness the beauty of Lake Taal and Mt. Batulao, one of the world’s smallest active volcanoes.
- For most families, Manila will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.”
- Meet Inter-Country Adoption Board and their staff.
- Visit your child’s orphanage and meet caregivers. If your adoption connections are elsewhere in The Philippines, The Ties Program will help with those arrangements too.
- Enjoy two nights at a resort on the sandy shores of Subic Bay.
- Explore Las Casas de Acuzzar, a living architectural museum celebrating the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Interact with Aeta (an indigenous people) families in Pamaulaklakin village where you’ll enjoy a cooking demonstration and a tribal dance performance.
- Experience a festive farewell dinner featuring traditional Filipino music and dance.
PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE TRAVEL
While we believe strongly in the support a group provides, we know there are times when individual family travel is a better fit. We are happy to work with individual families or small groups of families. Please email us your request.