Kazakhstan Heritage Journeys
Kazakhstan Ties- Our Flagship Program
July 2-12, 2016
Kazakhstan Ties Lite
July 2-9, 2016
KAZAKHSTAN TIES AND TIES LITE HIGHLIGHTS
- Arrive in Almaty, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Kazakhstan Ties families stay in moderate, clean hotels, where after a day of experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, families can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Tour Almaty, where you will visit Almaty Cathedral, ride a gondola up Koktobe Mountain, shop in bustling local markets, and eat scrumptious Kazakh cuisine!
- Visit an SOS Children’s Village, where you will see children being cared for with dignity. Most SOS children LOVE to play soccer. Game on!
- Enjoy the spectacular scenery in the Tyan Shan Mountains, home to the famous Medeo Skating Rink, the highest skating rink in the world
- Play for an afternoon at a children’s summer camp outside of Almaty. We’ll play Kazakhstan national games, like Sokyrteke (Blind Wild Goat), Khan or Asyk—games still played in villages around Kazakhstan. And maybe a little soccer.
- For most families, Almaty will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.” Families will visit places like Rudney, Nezabudka, Aktobe, and Ust-Kamenogorsk. If your adoption connections are elsewhere in Kazakhstan, The Ties Program will help with those arrangements too.
- While on adoption visits, families will:
- Travel by airplane, train or car to destination and be met by car, driver and English speaking guide.
- Visit orphanages, hospitals, caregivers, and other special people related to their adoption.
- Some families will meet birth family.
Kazakhstan Ties families will rendezvous in the futuristic city of Astana, with time to process adoption visits together.
- In Astana, you will stroll along the Ishim River to see our-of-this-world buildings as well as the symbol of Astana, Bayterek. You can make a wish for good luck as you put your hand in the large, gold handprint of President Nursultan Nazarbayev.
- Astana is a beautiful city, alive with activity, filled with flowers and high technology–amazing in its own right.
- Back together again, the group will take time to process the wonderful experiences Kazakhstan has given us.
KAZAKHSTAN TIES LITE
Many of our programs (Kazakhstan included), include a Ties Lite option. It will give you all of the advantages of traveling with a Ties Program, but a shorter stay, lowering your costs. When you request information, both Kazakhstan Ties and Kazakhstan Ties Lite will be sent to you.
PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE TRAVEL
While we believe strongly in the support a group provides, we know there are times when individual family travel is a better fit. We are happy to work with individual families or small groups of families. Please email us your request.