India Ties- Our Flagship Program
December 27, 2014-January 9, 2015
India Ties Lite
December 27, 2014-January 6, 2015
INDIA TIES HIGHLIGHTS –
Our Flagship Program
- Arrive in Delhi, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. India Ties families tend to stay in moderate to deluxe hotels, where after a day out experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, families can relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Explore Delhi, including the Lotus Temple and Jama Masjid, the largest active mosque in India, shop at the infamous Chor Bazar, ride a rickshaw through Old Delhi, and eat scrumptious Indian cuisine.
- Visit PALNA’s Children’s Home to play and cuddle with the little ones there.
- Spend an afternoon at the SOS Children’s Village, where children live in permanent, supportive homes and are cared for with dignity. Soccer is an active sport here. Game on!
- Each family will have the opportunity to visit with an Indian family in their home, a great “people experience,” making India feel more real and personal.
- For most families, Delhi will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey” as they travel to the places in India where their children lived prior to adoption. Some families will visit Kolkata*, Pune, Mumbai, Cochin, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Raipur, Ahmadabad or Kerala. If your family’s adoption connection is elsewhere, The Ties Program is happy to help with the arrangements.
- While on adoption visits, families will:
- Travel by airplane, train or car to their destination, and be met with driver and English speaking guide.
- Visit your child’s orphanage, meet caregivers and massis, and re-connect with other people and places important to your family.
- See sites in the area, according to your interests.
- Bask in the messages of the journey as The Ties Program oversees the travel details including transportation, translators, and hotel arrangements.
After your family’s special visits, the group will reunite and then travel by train to Agra, visiting the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Fatehpur Sikri. While in Agra, take some time to enjoy the local form of transportation, bicycle rickshaws!
- Extend your stay in India with an optional travel extension to the “Pink City” of Jaipur, or other places of interest in India.
- For those who choose to visit the Pink City of Jaipur, you will travel through the colorful countryside and have the opportunity to experience that great Indian mode of transport, the elephant! Enjoy your pachyderm pal, as he carries you up the cobblestone walkway of the Amber Fort with its magnificent ramparts, gates and walls.
- While in Jaipur, you will visit at a school to meet with the students, making new friends, and learn about the school system in India.
- Return to Delhi and enjoy free time for that last bit of shopping, or sightseeing before you depart for your flight home to the U.S.
*IMH in Kolkata is closed; however, some IMH caregivers are still available to welcome families
INDIA TIES LITE
As we move forward, many of our programs will be offered as traditional Ties Programs, and in some countries (India included), will include a Ties Lite option. It will give you all of the advantages of traveling with a Ties Program, but a shorter stay, lowering your costs. In 2012-13, you will receive information on India Ties with an option to shorten the journey, but it will not yet be called Ties Lite. In 2013-14, when you request information, both India Ties and Ties Lite will be sent to you.
TIES JOURNEYS OF DISCOVERY-INDIA
Some countries will also be offered under our new option called Ties Journeys of Discovery. These journeys are being created for people who would like to take a fun, cultural, unique trip, but without an emphasis on adoption. Watch for information coming soon!
PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE TRAVEL
While we believe strongly in the support a group provides, we know there are times when individual family travel is a better fit. We are happy to work with individual families or small groups of families. Please email us your request.